Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Bringing in the New Year

Heeelllllooooo 2011!!!
As I looked back over this past year's posts all I could think about was how much fun I had... and, for the past two weeks all I've been doing is looking for inspirations.

Ok, it's not "all" I've been doing, but I do have tons of new projects that I'm totally itching to make. On the list of things to do I'm going to officially create and ETSY account!
My hope is that it will be up and running within the next month.
So - December - to complete little L'bug's Christmas... DRUM ROLL PLEASE....
Most Awesomely Ever Tent!!!
Right after I made it L'bug jumped in and started reading me her book. Ahh, I love her!
Der worked so hard with building the frame and then I went to the GoodWill and found a twin sheet set for $4!! My craft room mess is actually an oasis of peace for me... as crazy as it seems.
****
I thought I'd give you a look at some of my special Christmas things.

My Santa on a chili pepper! Happy Hot-lidays yo!
And then I saved the best for last.
After I set up all of our decorations I realized that I didn't really have a proper nativity scene :(
I was tempted to purchase one, but even when I looked around all the ones that caught my eye were really pricy.
My mama saved the day and gave me hers. Please don't fret - she's still got another one that my brother gave her made by Willow Tree (it's awesome!) I remember mom setting up this nativity under our tree - it brings back so many fond memories!

I even remember when she first bought it - it was from one of those base ceramic stores. It was plain white and she painted and glazed it herself. I thought at one point it had a manger, but that item didn't make it over to my house. I'll have to ask her about it - it might be needing to be found in her basement or storage room...
On to January - cold but cozy!
As always, if you see anything you'd like please shoot me an email at:

No comments:

Post a Comment