Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Simple Pleasures

Over the holidays we went to a friend's house and saw these lovely paintings that
their little girl (4months old) had done :)
You know, it had never occured to me that L'bug could paint!
So yesterday I found out that we have two artists in this house *hehe
Picture it:
A little girl, 6 1/2 months old sitting in her Bumbo
(which now has a rockin cool tray attachment - thank you g'ma p)
I place three paint tubes infront of her. One pink, one green, and one blue. She looks at them confused and so I point to each one and ask her which one she'd like to use. She throws up her hands and dives at the pink tube!
She really wasn't interested in the paint... or eating it or her fingers for that matter -
what her heart desired most was to eat the construction paper.
After she slobbered over the paper we began to paint and here's what we came up with.
Enjoy :)
****
Back to work -
****
Warm weather where are you??
I just got done with a beautiful name plate for a little girl's 1st birthday present... and it
was a beach scene - ahh the sand between my toes!




For more pictures of Name Plates check out my
August 12th '09 post!
****
Girls and their purses....
A subject that is very dear to my heart, as I own probably 40 plus purses and bags.
(For the record however, they are almost all handmade, thrifted, or given)
I found this owl purse on etsy, but the item itself was only for purchase... there was no pattern - so I made one up.
If you had a bigger one I'd probably line it, but the owl is only approx. 6 inches tall and 4 to 5 in diameter. Just large enough for her to put her little nick nacks in.


I've got two other little girl purses that I'm currently working on and should have them up in a week or two.
See ya then!

No comments:

Post a Comment